About EMI Solutions
We are the leading woman owned, small business dedicated to manufacturing American made, 100% tested filtered connector products. For over 20 years, EMI Solutions has delivered the most innovative filtering products, including our proprietary FlexFilter line, placing us at the forefront of the military and aerospace supply chain, as well as serving the global medical, telecommunications and commercial electronics markets.
CUSTOMIZATION SPECIALISTS – WE ARE YOUR EMI SOLUTION!
What is EMI Protection?
- Shielding: Addition of conductive materials to the product enclosure, achieving protection from outside electrical events, such as radiated noise, electro-static discharge and lightning.
- Filtering and Transient Protection: Passive components shunt and absorb electrical noise generated inside the products electronics from being conducted to the outside world, simultaneously preventing the product enclosure through radiated means.
Applications Requiring EMI Protection:
- Avionics and Aerospace
- Onboard Communications and Guidance Systems
- MRI and CAT-Scan Equipment
- Industrial Electronics
- Control and Monitoring Systems
Who Requires EMI Protection?
- Medical Equipment
- Commercial Electronics
The Beginning of the EMI Field
The Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) field gained formal recognition quietly in 1933 under a sub-committee of the IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) in Paris under the name of CISPR (International Special Committee on Radio Interference) as an attempt to better understand the long-term complications that could arise from radio frequency technology. From its founding in 1820 by Morse, Henry, and Vail, radio’s popularity had exploded, becoming a must have household appliance during the Depression, but intentional and unintentional RF transmissions began affecting other electrical systems and as such, awareness of EMI began to grow within the electronics community. In 1934 CISPR began creating and distributing requirements regarding the recommended allowable emissions and immunity limits for electronic devices, which have evolved into much of the world’s EMC regulations.
NEED A HAND WITH YOUR EMI ISSUES?
Our engineering design teams are available around the clock to find the most efficient design to meet your needs.
Contact EMI Solutions today
IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE - WE ARE YOUR SOLUTION!